DiMeo Brothers continued with the roadway reconstruction process along Westview Road by grading and preparing the base course for the first layer of asphalt pavement. The contractor also adjusted manholes in the roadway along Glendale Drive to the height of the final asphalt surface elevation. The contractor continued to grade and install soil behind the concrete curb & gutter along Westview Road.
Anticipated work to be completed this construction season includes the following:
· First layer of asphalt pavement on Westview Road: Saturday, November 22nd
· Final lift of asphalt pavement surface on the entire project site: Week of December 1st.
· Grading of landscape areas and installation of topsoil: Weather dependent
· Installation of asphalt driveways: Week of November 24th or December 1st, weather dependent.
· Installation of temporary asphalt pavement along Glenayre Drive, Week of December 1st.
· Miscellaneous repairs and utility work along the project site including manhole adjustments, cleaning of structures, televising of storm sewers, fire hydrant relocations, and others.
· Site clean-up.
Work to be completed in Spring of 2015 (As part of Phase I Improvements):
· Reconstruction of Glenayre Drive from Glenview Road to Westview Road including concrete curb & gutter, new aggregate base course, asphalt pavement, and landscape restoration
· Sod restoration not completed this year. It is unlikely that sod will be available for the remaining of this construction season. The landscape will be graded. Topsoil will be installed if material is available. If topsoil and sod become available due to favorable weather conditions, additional topsoil and sod restoration will be completed.
Phase II Improvement along Glenayre Drive, Glenridge Drive, and Glen Court will be bid during the Spring of 2015 with construction to begin in the spring or summer of 2015.